Lansdowne, PA – September 19, 2023
Dear William Penn School District Community,
On September 8, Penn Wood High School hosted its first evening football game in our new athletic complex in Yeadon. It was a beautiful evening and an exciting game. We were thrilled by the turnout of students, families, alumni, and community members who joined us. Although the game was cut short due to lighting and there was some post-game disruption, it was an awesome event.
Penn Wood High School will host two additional Friday games this season, and we are looking to continue a festive “Friday Night Lights” atmosphere. The community is encouraged to join us to enjoy the new stadium, socialize, and cheer on our Patriots on the following dates:
– Friday, September 22, 2023 vs. Bishop Shanahan
– Friday, October 13, 2023 vs. Chichester
(Both games start at 7:00 p.m. Please note that the home game against Academy Park will take place on Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.)
With that being said, we will not tolerate any misbehavior and we expect a level of behavior that is appropriate and respectful. To ensure everyone’s safety, we will adhere to the following procedures:
(PLEASE NOTE: These procedures have been updated as of 9/20 to reflect updated ticket sales information and to ensure community participation.)
- Student tickets will be available for presale at all lunch periods during the week. .
- Tickets will be available for sale at the front gate through the end of 2nd quarter. Students will be required to show an ID to purchase a ticket at the gate.
- No Re-Entry. Once you leave the stadium you will not be allowed back in the stadium.
- The ticket gate will be shut down after the second quarter. No fans will be admitted after the end of the second quarter.
- Fans are not permitted to wear hoodies into the complex and will not be allowed to carry them into the complex either.
- Backpacks are not permitted into the stadium.
- Everyone will be wanded prior to entry into the stadium.
- All Students will need to show a school ID and have or purchase a ticket for admittance to the game.
- Fans under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All fans should remain in the stands. Only athletes, coaches, referees, and athletic staff are permitted on the field.
- Visiting fans must have a ticket from their school Athletic director and will pay the $5 admission at the gate in order to enter the game.
- Upon completion of the game, all fans are asked to exit the complex swiftly and orderly. Fans should utilize both exits on either side of the main bleachers. Walkers are asked to remain on the sidewalks and not block any traffic on Bailey Road.
We look forward to our upcoming home games and having our community join us for a fun night of football. Please help us make these pleasant, safe, and family-friendly events for all. Thank you for your cooperation, understanding, and support. Go, Patriots!
Dr. Eric J. Becoats
Superintendent of Schools
Mr. Stephen Chicano
Principal, Penn Wood High School – GAC
Mr. Rob Curry
Principal, Penn Wood Ninth Grade Academy
Ms. Monique Boykins
School Board President